Easy DIY Valentine Gifts for Him! – Part 1
1) Personalized Wooden Block Hanging:
Wood in general adds a quite masculine touch and feel so it’s perfectly appropriate to gift it to a man, especially for Valentines. I purchased this wooden block from Micheals (local craft store.) This can be done on any sort of wooden block. Simply attach a rope for it to hang if it’s not already provided. This personalized wooden piece is ideal for him to hang it in his room, use it as a décor piece, or even simply place it at his bedside table.
- Wooden Block
- Paint brush
Once you have your desired wooden piece, use paint or a white sharpie to decorate it as you please. I used paint for pretty much the whole entire thing. If you are not comfortable using paint for intricate details or for writing purposes, a permanent marker or a sharpie will do just fine!
Plants do more than just beautify your surroundings at home. Research shows that having and nurturing plants at home improves ones mental and physical well-being. It just makes you happy! So, what better way to bond your relationship than gifting your significant other a gentle plant that will not only help him become more compassionate but will also make your love grow.
If you can actually pot your own plant that would be even better, but I bought my potted orchid plant form a store and then embellished it slightly to make it more personal. The flowers will bloom pretty soon, most likely during spring, so this would be a perfect gift to give someone right now when the plant would be needed the most.
- Potted plant
Personalize your pot with a quote/phrase to bring in additional meaning to your gift and I’m sure he will love this!
3) Message in a bottle:
This one is my personal favorite! I think it is so cute and undeniably adds a sentimental value to your gift. Fill your bottle up with personal love messages and I’m convinced he will remember this forever.
- Glass Bottle
- Cardboard Paper
- Jute Twine
- Write your special love messages in a small piece of paper and wrap it around with a thread in a knot.
- Get your piece of jute and tie it around the neck of the bottle to spice up the look a little.
- Cut your cardboard piece in a small rectangular shape, making a hole at the top to tie it with a jute twine to go around your bottle. Your cardboard piece is your subject or explanation to what is inside the bottle.
- It is time to place in your cute little love notes in your bottle with some beads for enhancement and seal it with a cork or a cap.
4) Personalized Keychain:
This particular DIY is so splendid to gift your loved one since this is something he can always carry around with him and make it a part of his everyday mundane life.
- Leather Strip
- Keychain Ring
- Permanent Paint/Permanent Marker
- Paint brush
- Hot Glue
- I cut my leather from an old wallet that was not being used. You can even buy leather pieces from your local craft stores. Once you’ve acquired your 1 inch leather, fold it in half and hot glue the first half of your strip.
- Put in a keychain ring to the part where you have your open loop to the leather strip.
- Embellish your keychain with some metal buttons.
- Use paint or permanent marker to write your personalized message. You can go for his name, your names/ initials together, important dates, a short quote/message, etc.
5) Rock Paperweight:
This adorned rock is a delightful gift because he can surely use it as a paperweight for his office area or even frankly as a décor piece for his house. This DIY can literally cost you nothing as long as you have sharpies or paints at home. I found these rocks in a parking lot, while I was on my way to a store one day. Next time you are out for a run or a walk at the park, keep an eye out for medium sized rocks because they sure can come in handy!
- Paint Brush
Personalize your rock into whatever you may like. I have two options for you all just to give you some variety. This is fun, easy, and super cute that will leave him with a smile!
Hope this is helpful in making your Valentines a little less complicated but rather a lot more enjoyable and fun! Be sure to check out Part 2 of this DIY Valentine Gifts for Him series which is coming up very soon!
Let me know in the comments below which one of these gifts are your favorite, and if you have some of your own, please do share!?