I was gladly given the opportunity to guest post on Kelsey’s blog, from http://thehomelovingwife.com/. A wife, mom to four kids and an inspirational life coach for women, she has it all! Please do go check out her blog and my post on there as well, by clicking here.
Let’s just take a moment to acknowledge that spring has arrived, which means it’s all about brunching outdoors and eating with family/friends to celebrate this wonderful sun-kissed warm weather. I am so thrilled to share with you two easy and very healthy yet mouth-watering recipes that’s quick to make!
1) Spinach Avocado Shrimp Salad:
This filling entrée salad makes an amazing lunch/dinner meal that is not only healthy but also delicious! This one is my favorite go-to meal that is refreshing and light and perfect for the warm spring/summer days. With its elegant colorful color combos, this appetizing dish is also great for entertaining guests!
Ingredients: (Serves two; measurements can be added or removed as per preference)
- Shrimp- 45-60 pieces
- Spinach- 2 cups
- Baby Bell Peppers- 3
- Squash- 1
- Avocado- ½
- Kale- 1cup
- Shredded Carrot- 2 tablespoons
- Shredded Red Cabbage- ½ cup
- Grape Tomatoes- 10 pieces
- Pineapple- Small pieces
- Orange– Small pieces
- Black Beans- 2 tablespoons
- Sliced Almonds- 1 tablespoons
- Shredded Cheese- Sprinkle lightly
- Italian Dressing
- Lemon Juice
- Start by washing your shrimp pieces.
- Next, place the shrimp in a large plastic bag or bowl with olive oil, a pinch of parsley, 1 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice, garlic powder, ginger powder, 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Let it marinate for at least 5 minutes.
- As the shrimp are marinating, chop your fruits and vegetable.
- Lightly sauté the shrimp, along with the bell peppers and squash.
- Remove from heat and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Wash the spinach and toss in a large salad bowl with the Italian dressing.
- Next, mix in the shrimp and veggies and toss well.
- Finally, dish the salad onto plates and garnish with fruit, almonds, shredded cheese, a sprinkling of fresh lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste.
2) Jaggery Lemon Ginger Juice:
Most people often are not familiar with jaggery in general or its fabulous health benefits that tag along with it! This natural sweetener is a great alternative to your unhealthy sugary sodas and drinks. Jaggery acts as a good digestive agent whilst cleansing out your body to remove toxins and has a good source of minerals to boost energy. A largely well-known ingredient in India, where people use jaggery to eat/drink it due to its outstanding health benefits.
Ingredients: (Serves 4; add measurements as per your taste)
- Jaggery- 0.5 pounds
- Lemon juice- 4-5 tsp
- Ginger- 1 inch knob
- Water- 4 cups
- Add jaggery to 3-4 cups water in a large pot and bring it to boil until the jaggery dissolves.
- Crush the piece of ginger and add the juice into your jaggery mixture.
- Add fresh lemon juice into this mixture as well.
- Remove from heat, allow to cool and then refrigerate the juice and serve it cold, the perfect compliment to the Spinach Avocado Shrimp salad mentioned above!
How simple was that!? I assure you that this spinach avocado shrimp salad with the jaggery lemon juice will leave you, your family, and friends asking for more!
What are your favorite go-to healthy salads or juices!??
Psst..Let’s be social!