Don’t know about you but for me pasta in my staple comfort food! Not only is it perfect for all seasons, awesome for entertaining guests, a wonderful family dinner that fills up all tummies for all ages, including kids! It is just an amazing passing around, conversation starter dish that brings in so much warmth, love, and laughter! Not to mention it is super easy to cook and can always be tossed up with various ingredients as per taste.
So what I have for you today is a healthy Mixed Veg Shrimp Pasta that is delicious, simple, and flavorful! Let’s get started and hope you enjoy!
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 pound spaghetti noodles
- 2-4 cloves minced garlic
- Olive oil
- Italian seasoning
- Salt and ground pepper
- Red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley leaves/coriander leaves
- ½ chopped onion
- 1 tbsp. soya sauce
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Grated carrot
- Small grated bell pepper
- In a large pot with salted water, boil and cook pasta. Add in some oil and fresh herbs in the pot as well.
- Meanwhile wash and season the shrimp with salt and pepper and any other preferred seasoning; set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, drizzle in some olive oil, soya sauce and lemon juice. Add garlic, chopped onion, oregano and red pepper flakes, olives, grated carrot, small grated bell pepper, mushrooms and cook, stirring frequently, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the seasoned shrimp and stir well. Let it cook for about 5-7 minutes or until shrimp appears pink and curled.
- Mix in the pasta into the skillet and add seasonings. Add in ¼ or ½ cup water if it’s dry.
- Keep tossing in all the ingredients until its mixed well.
- Garnish with parsley or coriander leaves if desired. Enjoy!
With the cool weather sweeping in, it is all about eating your comfort food! Rolled up in my sweatpants, curled up on the sofa with my hubby, watching Netflix with a pasta bowl in my hand screams comfort to me!!
What is yours!!!??
Feel free to share your comfort food, especially with fall right around the corner, let us know what gets you all cozied up!!?
Psst..Let’s be social!